10 tips you should know before you go to San Diego Comic Con 2017! I share things with you that I’ve learned over the last 20+ years of attending the San Diego Comic Con! #1 Lines! Line Con! Get in Line Early! Maybe the night before! Plan to stay in a room if you get in. Check twitter #sdcc, #HallH, #b20, etc. #2 Cosplay! lots of people come to Comic-Con in costume — think about the heat before you go! And “weapons” have to be checked. The “Masquerade” is a costume stage show, and a ticketed event. It’s awesome.
3. Comics! Actually very little of Comic-Con is about comics now. Lots of pop culture, movies, video games… it’s big money!
4. Crowded! There’s over 100,000 people that attend this conference. It’s crowded! It’s really crowded! Prepare to feel like a sheep
5. Expensive! You’ll spend alot of money, particularly if you’re traveling. Admission, hotels, parking, food, goodies, toys, it all adds up.
6. Parking! Is mostly reserved ahead of time, if you didn’t reserve a spot, good luck. Take the trolley… traffic is awful.
7. Food! The best food is out in the Gaslamp district, the convention center food is awful. I like the Kebab Shop on 10th and Market. Also Lolitas Tacos by Petco Park. Bring Snacks.
8. More than the Convention Center! It’s at the Hyatt, Marriott, Hilton, Omni, and all over the Gaslamp district. Lots of free events, and ticketed ones too. Even if you don’t a badge there’s lot of stuff downtown.
9. 24/7, there’s something going on all the time. It’s exhausting, the heat, the lines, lack of food, lack of sleep. So make sure to actually get sleep, and eat, or you’ll get sick. And please… shower!
10. Tickets! Not sold at the door. Sold online ahead of the event only. You can also volunteer to get in.